Episode 88 on the Business Bites Podcast
The Gist Of This Episode: Leaving your full-time job to pursue your own entrepreneurial journey can be pretty scary and overwhelming, but there are things you can do while still working at your job to make that transition a lot easier. Join Rachel as she and Tommy Griffith discuss turning your side project into a full-time business.
What you will learn:
- How failures can actually be a good thing
- How to feel free to keep trying if something doesn’t go as planned
- What you need to consider when deciding on a side project
- Why recognizing your shortcomings can help you be more successful
- and more!
EXPAND TO READ EPISODE TRANSCRIPTS
- Episode 13: Business Planning in 15 Minutes or Less
- Episode 38: Going from Hobby to Business
- Episode 43: Create Your Own Life with Jeremy Ryan Slate
- Episode 46: Figuring Out Success on Your Terms with Christine Tremoulet
- Episode 85: The Evolution of a Business from an Idea
Tool and Resources:
- Burning the Boats Blog Post
- The SEO Strategy Guide
- SEO Checklist
- Digital Marketing Strategy Guide
- Company of One by Paul Jarvis (aff)
- Business Bites Podcast® Facebook Group
Featured Guest & Resources
Tommy Griffith has been doing search engine optimization for more than 10 years. He previously managed SEO at PayPal and Airbnb and now runs ClickMinded, a digital marketing training platform for marketers and entrepreneurs.
Tommy started ClickMinded as a side project while working full-time at Airbnb. He grew it until it started generating more revenue than his annual salary. Two years ago, he quit Airbnb to go full-time on it and ran into a number of problems in trying to grow the business from there.