Episode 85 on the Business Bites Podcast
The Gist Of This Episode: The beginning of a business can start in different ways. For Rachel and Aaron Nace from Phlearn, their businesses started from people asking them questions about their areas of expertise. Join them both as they discuss how they took those questions and made it into their businesses and the mistakes made and lessons learned along the way.
What you will learn:
- How Aaron made the decision to quit his corporate job and grow Phlearn
- How Aaron and Phlearn have evolved over the years
- Why injecting your personal life or personality can be important in today’s world of online businesses
- What the biggest lesson Aaron has learned
- and more!
EXPAND TO READ EPISODE TRANSCRIPTS
- Episode 9: Get more time for your business
- Episode 13: Business planning in 15 minutes or less
- Episode 19: You don’t have to do this to be an entrepreneur
- Episode 35: Using video to grow your business
- Episode 38: Going from hobby to business
Tool and Resources:
- Photoshop tutorials from Phlearn
- DIY Limited Liability Company Video Tutorials + Template
- Business Bites Podcast® Facebook Group
Featured Guest & Resources
Born and raised on the quiet island of Kauai, Aaron Nace would be the first to tell you that his upbringing was anything but ordinary. Despite the obvious perks of Hawaiian life, he would eventually move with his mother, father, and two brothers to North Carolina.
Aaron studied at North Carolina State University and obtained a degree in Industrial Design. Graduating from college, he thought his path was clear to one day becoming an automotive or furniture designer — that is until a six-month-long trip to South America transformed his life forever. It was during this time that he fell in love with photography and its power to both facilitate and share adventures. In 2011, Aaron founded PHLEARN to bring free, creative education to anyone around the world.