Episode 82 on the Business Bites Podcasture>
The Gist Of This Episode: When we first start out our businesses, we want things done quickly and involving as little money as possible. So it’s not surprising that business owners would rather self-draft a contract than have an attorney do it for them. Join Rachel as she discusses why this may be one area that you want to invest in instead of DIY-ing it.
What you will learn:
- What 3 things contracts must have to be considered valid
- Why entering contracts as your business is important
- Why words matter in a contract. Legal language can sometimes differ from every day language.
- What ambiguities are and how they can work against you
- and more!
EXPAND TO READ EPISODE TRANSCRIPTS
- Episode 5: Layers of protection
- Episode 16: When to get a small biz attorney
- Episode 21: Why do entrepreneurs sabotage themselves?
- Episode 30: Using digital contracts for business efficiency
- Episode 32: How to set up LLC (and keep your liability protection)
- Episode 40: 5 Tips to hiring a lawyer for your business
Tools & Resources: