Episode 71 on the Business Bites Podcast
The Gist Of This Episode: You want to quickly get a photo up on your blog or social media. STOP for a second…While these stock sites have cheap (or free!) images…you need to consider the risk. So-called “Creative Commons Licenses” can end up costing you hundreds of thousands of dollars! Join Rachel as she explains why you shouldn’t use those images and how to stay out of trouble!
What you will learn:
- Basics of copyright
- The risks of using images uploaded to free/low-cost Creative Commons sites
- How much money infringement could cost you in legal fees (hint: it’s not cheap!)
- How using stock images can actually dilute your brand
- and more!
EXPAND TO READ EPISODE TRANSCRIPTS
- Episode 36: DIY Copyrighting Your Intellectual Property
- Episode 54: How to not Commit Copyright Infringement
- Episode 65: How to Register & Defend your Copyright
Tools & Resources: