Episode 65 on the Business Bites Podcast
The Gist Of It: Intellectual property theft is an issue EVERY entrepreneur faces. It’s not if it happens, it is a matter of when it happens. Be prepared to protect the content and brand you have tirelessly built. In this episode, we will talk about how to register and defend your copyright.
What you will learn:
- Why you should include saving for legal services in your budget
- The differences between copyright and trademark
- How to distinguish who owns copyright
- Why you should register your intellectual property with the copyright office
- The steps to take if infringement occurs
- and more!
EXPAND TO READ EPISODE TRANSCRIPTS
- Episode 29: Protecting your website & blog content
- Episode 36: DIY copyrighting your intellectual property
- Episode 54: How to NOT commit copyright infringement!
- Episode 71: Using Free Stock Photography Sites Can Kill Your Business
Tools & Resources:
- U.S. Copyright Office
- TinEye (reverse image search)
- Intellectual Property Acknowledgement
- Copyright Transfer Document
- Copyright Infringement Kit
- Business Bites Podcast® Facebook Group
Featured Guest & Resources
Autumn Witt Boyd is a lawyer who helps entrepreneurs protect their most valuable asset — their intellectual property. She provides legal guidance with copyright and trademark protection, contract negotiation, and problem solving. Along with her team at The Law Office of Autumn Witt Boyd PLLC, she loves helping entrepreneurs grow their dream business through smart collaborations and deals. You can find Autumn in Chattanooga, Tennessee hanging out with her three kids and husband, monogramming and putting glitter on anything that stays still, or sipping a glass of champagne after bedtime. Autumn also hosts the Legal Road Map® podcast, which teaches business owners how to protect their rights and stay out of legal hot water.