Episode 64 on the Business Bites Podcast
The Gist Of It: We’ve all heard the news stories about data breaches at large companies. If it can happen to them, what about the little guys like you and me – what can we do to prevent it from happening to us? Join Rachel and Adam Anderson to learn some simple things you can implement right now to protect your small business from cyber criminals.
What you will learn:
- What cybersecurity entails
- How you can teach your employees about cyber risks
- What to look for in cybersecurity insurance
- Things you can implement now to protect your and your clients’ information
- and more!
EXPAND TO READ EPISODE TRANSCRIPTS
- Episode 15: What Should my Website Terms Include?
- Episode 32: How to Set Up LLC (and Keep Your Liability Protection)
- Episode 61: The Easiest High Level GDPR Compliance Checklist Out There
- Episode 76: Entrepreneurs, Protect Yo’ Assets!
Tools & Resources:
- Business Continuity & Disaster Plan Spreadsheet (Free Download)
- Modern Traction
- Website Bundle (GDPR Compliant)
- Business Bites Podcast® Facebook Group
Featured Guest & Resources
Adam Anderson is a long-time small business owner who also happens to be one of the leading authorities on small business cyber security. He is a serial entrepreneur, author, and founder of Element Security Group, a cyber security and education firm focused on the problems unique to small businesses. With over 20 years experience in cyber security and more than a dozen years as a small business owner, Adam can talk to business owners without having to use “tech speak.” Adam’s previous books, Small Business Cyber Security and Built to Survive, have helped to position him as the leading expert in the field. His new book, The Monster Within, takes that knowledge to the next level, helping businesses around the world combat cyber crime. Adam works one on one with business owners to develop cyber security strategic plans, but doesn’t have the time to meet with everyone. To help a larger audience, he writes books and offers self-paced online education courses through his website. From DFARS (Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement) in manufacturing and supply chains to protecting your small business from foreign hackers, Adam’s knowledge covers the gamut.