Episode 63 on the Business Bites Podcast
The Gist Of It: So you’re ready to get into business? Join Rachel and Anna Blanch Rabe as they walk you through legal business set up as a military spouse!
What you will learn:
- Which business entity Rachel and Anna recommend
- What foreign entity registration is and why you may need to consider it
- The advantages of having an EIN
- Why it is important to keep personal and business as separate as possible
- and more!
EXPAND TO READ EPISODE TRANSCRIPTS
- Episode 76: Entrepreneurs, Protect yo’ assets!
- Episode 40: 5 Tips to hiring a lawyer for your business
- Episode 38: Going from hobby to business
- Episode 32: How to set up LLC (and keep your liability protection)
- Episode 31: Business Entities 101 for Entrepreneurs
Tools & Resources:
- Accounting Spreadsheets For Online Entrepreneurs
- DIY Limited Liability Company
- Calendy for scheduling
- From the blog: Military spouse business setup checklist
- Business Bites Podcast® Facebook Group
Featured Guest & Resources
Anna Blanch Rabe is an Australian-born speaker, writer, attorney and social entrepreneur. In 2016, she founded Anna Blanch Rabe & Associates, a boutique communications consulting company which serves Law Firms, socially-responsible businesses, and social enterprises with high quality strategy, research, and content services and products. Their mission is to making legalese easy to understand; to share meaningful stories; and to empower those who are building communities.
Currently living in the land of enchantment (New Mexico), she’s a proud United States Air Force Spouse and was honored to be named the recipient of the 2018 Joan Orr award for Air Combat Command. Together, she and her husband enjoy traveling, ultrarunning (that’s definitely her husband), and ticking off items from their bucket list. Anna can get vociferous when discussing international rugby and enjoys all the time she gets to spend with her six nieces.