Episode 62 on the Business Bites Podcast
The Gist Of This Episode: So you’re ready to name your business? Join Rachel and Autumn Witt Boyd as they explain trademarks and steps to get your business name set up.
What you will learn:
- The steps to take to research your business name
- Why not researching your name can land you in legal trouble
- What copyrights and trademarks are
- The levels of distinctiveness that determine whether or not your name is protectable
- What to do if you’re accused of infringement
- and more!
EXPAND TO READ EPISODE TRANSCRIPTS
- Episode 54 – How to NOT commit copyright infringement!
- Episode 36 – DIY Copyrighting Your Intellectual Property
- Episode 16 – When To Get A Small Biz Attorney
Tools and Resources:
- US Patent and Trademark Office
- Name Checker
- DIY Trademark Registration
- Business Bites Podcast® Facebook Group
Featured Guest & Resources
Autumn Witt Boyd is a lawyer who helps entrepreneurs protect their most valuable asset — their intellectual property. She provides legal guidance with copyright and trademark protection, contract negotiation, and problem solving. Along with her team at The Law Office of Autumn Witt Boyd PLLC, she loves helping entrepreneurs grow their dream business through smart collaborations and deals. You can find Autumn in Chattanooga, Tennessee hanging out with her three kids and husband, monogramming and putting glitter on anything that stays still, or sipping a glass of champagne after bedtime. Autumn also hosts the Legal Road Map® podcast, which teaches business owners how to protect their rights and stay out of hot water.