Episode 36 on the Business Bites Podcast
The Gist Of This Episode: Unsure of how to protect your intellectual property? Here’s a DIY plus some tips on how not to screw it up!
What you will learn:
- What the copyright process is
- Non-registered vs registered and the benefits of having IP registered with the copyright office
- What NOT to do if you discover infringement
- What you SHOULD do if you discover infringement
- and more!
EXPAND TO READ EPISODE TRANSCRIPTS
*Fill out application
*Do within 90 days of publication
Things NOT to do
*post in a FB group
*send a quick take down without taking evidence
*send a letter lambasting them
*post on social media lambasting them
Things TO do
*Screen shot everything
*Do a reverse image or word search (google alerts)
*Contact an intellectual property lawyer for an initial assessment (doesn’t have to be local)
Inquire here for Intellectual Property help > Connors & Brenke
- Episodes 29: Protecting your Website & Blog Content
- Episode 54: How to not Commit Copyright Infringement!
- Episode 65: How to Register & Defend your Copyright
- Episode 71: Using Stock Photography Sites can Kill your Business
- Episode 76: Entrepreneurs, Protect Yo’ Assets!
Tools & Resources: