Episode 159 on The Real Biz Talk Podcast
We all hate legal. Heck, I’m an attorney and some days I don’t like legal. But getting the right legal is vital when it comes to setting up your business. In today’s episode, I’m going to talk about how you can avoid lawyers that suck. To start, I recommend finding an attorney who has an entrepreneurial mindset. As I explain in the show, this is important because you want to gel with someone who gets what you’re going through; someone who has been in the trenches themselves. At the same time, I also suggest that you don’t just go for an attorney who will take your every order; good attorneys need to draft up contracts intuitively and be able to anticipate problems and questions. Another great point I cover in this episode is the need to understand your own business. By knowing your short, medium, and long-term plan, you will be able to pick the right kind of attorney. To wrap up the show, I go into the nitty-gritties of paying your attorney for their work, and how you ought to approach the matter. For more detail on each point and much more, be sure to join us today!
You want to ensure that you’re not only getting quality legal services, but you really need to have someone that’s going to be on your team. – Rachel Brenke
Key Points From This Episode:
- Introducing today’s topic: how to avoid lawyers that suck.
- Why you need to get a lawyer to not only provide their services but to also be on your team.
- What to look for in an attorney who is well-versed and well-practiced.
- By finding a lawyer with an entrepreneurial mindset, you’re gearing up for success.
- Problems that can arise by not having an attorney.
- Why it is important to consider your short, medium, and long-term plans.
- The importance of finding a lawyer you connect with and have the budget for.