Episode 137 on the Business Bites Podcast
Simplifying is going to make you more strategic, and it’s going to make it easier for you to scale up.
However, if you listen to the educators that only teach you to hustle, hustle, hustle, you will become overwhelmed and paralyzed. You do need to hustle and pay your dues but only to a point. The biggest thing you need to do is keep showing up and simplifying the process.
Simplifying allows you to be strategic…gives you what you need, provides the solution to your audience, and lets you have a real life.
What can you simplify?
- Social Media: Do you really need to be on every social media channel out there or can you narrow it down to 2 or 3?
- Products/Services: How can you consolidate your offerings? What are your best sellers? Least sold? Which ones have been of the most help to your audience?
- Messaging: How can you change your messaging to find your target audience? What is your unique selling proposition?
Other things to consider:
- Build multiple brands – recreate what you have already built into another income stream
- Expand your audience – set up landing pages or targeted ads to focus on different audiences you want to talk to. Don’t try to make your messaging be a one size fits all but tweak it and target it for the specific audience you are trying to reach to avoid confusion.
Once you have your structures and processes in place, you will be able to replicate it again and again. Remember, the point of owning your own business is so you can live your real life! Sit down with a piece of paper and sketch out what that real life looks like and start taking the steps you need to now to get you there.