Episode 122 on the Business Bites Podcast
The Gist Of This Episode: What happens when you have a business and all of a sudden everything in your life gets turned completely upside down? All of us have things happen that we never see coming. The important thing is how we deal with it. In this episode, Rachel is joined by Alexandra Evjen from Ave Styles as she shares advise on how she overcame her own personal tragedy.
What you will learn:
- why you should be able to pivot in your business
- that it is ok to make needed adjustments to provide for your family
- how to find what will help you heal and give yourself permission to do it
- ways to recognize how much you should or shouldn’t share with your audience
- and more!
EXPAND TO READ EPISODE TRANSCRIPTS
- Episode 5: Layers of Protection
- Episode 20: Saying No or Not Now in Biz
- Episode 23: Social Media Time Savers
- Episode 24: Do You Not Have a Story?
- Episode 34: 5 Tips for When Disaster Strikes
- Episode 39: 3 Balancing Household & Business Hacks
- Episode 103: The Other Side of Self Doubt
- Episode 106: Sustaining Your Business During an Illness
- Episode 118: Developing a Personal Brand with Woman’s Day Content Editor Meaghan Murphy
Tool and Resources:
Featured Guest & Resources
Alex Evjen is a multi-faceted content and production creative who over the course of her career has driven vision, storytelling, and positive business results for top brands across multiple industries including food, travel, home furnishings, automotive, grocery, beauty, and parenting. She is an innovative collaborator whose diversified industry experience spans across each part of the creative process from creator to agency to brand, understanding the unique challenges and expectations of each.
Read more about Alex below!
MORE ABOUT ALEX
Alex was a leader in influencer marketing before there was even a word for it. With a total follower count over one million, she’s been able to leverage her influence to create positive business results for all her brand partners without abandoning a commitment to her own story and experience. Deemed Business Insider and InStyle Magazine’s Top Pinner, Alex has helped countless brands such as Target, Home Depot, and Coca-Cola produce digital content that creates demand for their products. Alex is also a sought after thought leader and speaker who is able to merge her personal experiences with her unmatched professional know-how to engage audiences authentically, giving them actionable insights and tactical steps for achieving their goals.
Today, she navigates the creative needs of some of the world’s best travel brands as the Creative Director for Content Studio Production for Roadtrippers, supporting digital content for brands such as Thor Industries, Airstream, Visit Tucson, and Togo. She creates and activates communities of storytellers on the road, enabling efficient and effective production at scale.
She does all her work from sunny Chandler, AZ while also raising two smart and compassionate kiddos and still finding time to post her polished and simple outfit of the day.
As seen in:
- Huffington Post
- Business Insider
- Glamour Magazine
- Pregnancy & Newborn
- Elle Decor
- Better Homes & Gardens
- Sunset Magazine
- Rue Magazine
- Domino Magazine
- Design Sponge
- Glitter Guide
- Martha Stewart Weddings.com
- Style Me Pretty
- The Arizona Republic
- Fox News Arizona
- AZ Family TV
- Home Depot Contributor
- Anthropologie Contributor