Episode 115 on the Business Bites Podcast
The Gist Of This Episode: The Paycheck Protection Program is part of the CARES Act that was just passed into law. Rachel invited Philip Taylor, founder of FinCon, to lay out what the program is, who it’s for, and how to use it.
What you will learn:
- what the Paycheck Protection Program is and how to use it
- why small business owners and independent contractors need to pay attention to it
- what types of documents and information you may need to apply for it
- things you can do to prevent having to rely on programs like this should another event like COVID-19 happen in the future
- and more!
EXPAND TO READ EPISODE TRANSCRIPTS
- Episode 14: 6 Budget Areas that Small Biz Owners Forget to Include
- Episode 51: How to Diversify Your Biz Through Teaching
- Episode 69: 5 Quick Ways Taxes Can SAVE You Money
- Episode 108: 5 Steps to a Consistent Income
- Episode 114: 4 Financial Stability Steps for Small Biz Owners
Tool and Resources:
- Paycheck Protection Program Information Sheet
- The Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) – What We Know & Where to Apply
- COVID-19 Legal Resource Page – Entrepreneurs
- COVID-19 Legal Resource Page – Photographers
- Business Bites Podcast® Facebook Group
Today’s episode was
Featured Guest & Resources
Philip Taylor, aka “PT”, is a CPA, blogger, podcaster, husband, and father of three. PT is also the founder and CEO of the personal finance industry conference and trade show, FinCon.
He created Part-Time Money® back in 2007 to share his advice on money, hold himself accountable (while paying off over $75k in debt), and to meet others passionate about moving toward financial independence..