Episode 113 on the Business Bites Podcast
The Gist Of This Episode: A website for your business can be a great asset but there are things you can do to make it better. Join Rachel as she talks with Scott Wyden Kivowitz about things you can do to improve your website so it works for you and brings in clients.
What you will learn:
- why it’s important to optimize for mobile
- what you can do to improve load speeds
- plug-ins that Scott recommends
- tips for knowing how plug-ins will work together or against each other before you load them on your site
- and more!
EXPAND TO READ EPISODE TRANSCRIPTS
- Episode 4: Bootstrapping Your Website
- Episode 7: A Bite of SEO
- Episode 17: Letting Social Media Take a Backseat
- Episode 25: Dangers of Building Your Business on the Backs of Others
- Episode 55: Leveling Up Your Lead Generation
- Episode 71: Using Free Stock Photography Sites Can Kill Your Business
Tool and Resources:
- COVID-19 Legal Resource Page – Entrepreneurs
- COVID-19 Legal Resource Page – Photographers
- Photography Guides by Scott
- The Best Image Size to Upload for Photography Websites
- Imagely (affiliate)
- NextGen Gallery (aff)
- Short Pixel
- Business Bites Podcast® Facebook Group
Today’s episode was
Featured Guest & Resources
Scott Wyden Kivowitz is a father, photographer, blogger, and educator in New Jersey, who considers himself a storyteller with a camera. Growing up he was always photographed by his parents and his grandparents. While playing in bands and touring, he started photographing the other bands that played at the same events. So that paved way for him to always have a camera with him. Scott decided years ago to document the lives of others, so they can be enjoyed and cherished forever. The inspiration behind that was because of his biological father’s passing before his second birthday. The only ways he can get to know his father is by photographs and the stories told from family. Scott offers family portraits, cake smash sessions, headshots and brand photography to his clients.
Scott is also the Chief Community Officer at Imagely, a WordPress development company that makes incredible tools for photography websites. He is a podcast host as well, the author of numerous books, and a regular YouTuber. He can be found teaching photographers about photography, WordPress and online marketing on his website, the Imagely website, and other venues like Photofocus.
Scott believes in sharing his knowledge in any way possible and educating without fluff, in a straight to the point easy to understand style.