Episode 106 on the Business Bites Podcast
The Gist Of This Episode: In 2017, Tash Haynes had an unexpected illness that nearly took her life. During that time, she and her husband, Ike, realized just how unprepared they were in their family and business should anything happen to either one of them. In this episode, Rachel and Tash talk about the lessons Tash and Ike learned and the processes they put in place to be prepared for the unexpected.
What you will learn:
- Why you need to have systems in place so someone can take over for you if needed
- The importance of separating personal and business
- How not having proper things in place beforehand can prevent you from getting them later
- Why self-care plays an important part in your health
- and more!
EXPAND TO READ EPISODE TRANSCRIPTS
- Episode 1: Filling the Rocks First
- Episode 5: Layers of Protection
- Episode 10: You Can’t Read the Label
- Episode 14: 6 Budget Areas Small Biz Owners Forget to Include
- Episode 34: 5 Tips for When Disaster Strikes
- Episode 76: Entrepreneurs, Protect Yo’ Assets!
- Episode 87: Self Care as an Entrepreneur
Tool and Resources:
- Protecting Your Business in Layers
- Oh, Snap! Business Prevention Toolkit
- Business Bites Podcast® Facebook Group join the group to get a downloadable PDF!
Featured Guest & Resources
Tash is a professional photographer & blogger based out of Seattle, WA. With over 10 years of experience in the entrepreneurship world as a small business owner, speaker and coach and Master’s in Public Action from the University of Washington, Tash’s platform exists to inspire the beginning entrepreneur, the working or stay-at-home mom and every woman in between.
Tash helps women take a leap with their dreams, whether it’s starting a family, a business or quitting something to live life on their terms, she models that the life they hope for is both possible and attainable and that they CAN have their cake and eat it too. You can be a wife. You can be a mom. You can travel the world. You can pursue your dreams. You CAN have it all (mostly).
Motherhood, Faith and Family are her topics of choice and in her spare time she enjoys writing, picnics, tea parties and catching flights around the world to escape the rain showers of the Pacific Northwest, with her husband and two daughters, Wisdom and Courage, and finding ways to connect with her Haitian culture.