If you haven’t noticed by now, Rachel loves all things legal and loves sharing that knowledge with others so they can better protect themselves and their businesses. Eric Mitchell, host of To the Point, asked Rachel to share some of that knowledge with his own audience.
Key Points to Listen for:
- the way you respond to trolls on social media can affect how people perceive your brand
- how to get started with copyright for your photos and watermark vs. no watermark (see also: Business Bites Episode 36 DIY Copyrighting Your Intellectual Property and Episode 65 How to Register & Defend Your Copyright)
- making sure you have the proper permissions when using stock photos even if you get them from a site that says you have permission (see also: Episode 71 Using Free Stock Photography Sites Can Kill Your Business)
- the importance of taking the time to use proper contracts (see also: Episode 5 Layers of Protection and Episode 21 Why Do Entrepreneurs Sabotage Themselves?)
- force majeure clauses and if you need one in your own contract (see also: Bonus Episode Force Majeure 101)